Front Page Forums BioMap BioMap installation under MAC OS X

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    srmaster
    Participant

Does anyone have experience in installing BioMap under OS X? I’m currently getting a “Unable to allocate memory: to expand environment” message, although it may be that I’ve simply configured something improperly.

Markus Stoeckli

Could you give us more details? Does IDL RT 6.1 start OK? Do you get that error when you load BioMap or when you try to open an MSI file?

markus

srmaster
    Participant

The IDL VM 6.11 starts with no difficulty, and I then can browse to the appropriate .SAV location. The error appears when I try to open BioMap, so I’m never reaching the point where I can load an MSI file. Since I have no positive control to verify that the IDL VM is functional, I can’t guarantee that the problem doesn’t lie there; however, the actual error message occurs when I try to open BioMap. I’ve tried running this from the command line as well, and I see the message “pBMT_SetupStructures: Initializing structures…” prior to the error appearing.

srmaster
    Participant

I should also add that the IDLdemos seem to work fine, so I don’t think that it’s a problem with the basic IDL install per se.

Markus Stoeckli

We’ll look into it as soon as we get the ILD VM for MAC. The RSI site really sucks – after numerous unsuccessful tries in downloading the software we gave up… 🙁 and ordered a CD. Let’s see.., should we get the software, we’ll install it on a G5 and test it with BioMap.

markus

kbockhorst
    Participant

I recently (September 05) tried to install IDL 6.2’s VM to run BioMap on a Tiger Mac. I got the same errors as srmaster had with IDL 6.1’s VM. Is there hope the issue might be solved one day?

Markus Stoeckli

OK, here we go: [url]http://msi.stoeckli.net/download/BioMap370.zip[/url]. BioMap 3.7.0 is still beta, but it should work on MAC OS X. Please reports bugs to this thread.

Markus

kbockhorst
    Participant

Ja, hervorragend, it works! Thanks a lot.

Markus Stoeckli

We found some bugs in BioMap 3.7.0 running under MAC OS and fixed them in the official release 3.7.1.

markus

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.