Front Page Forums BioMap Biomap license problem

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    m.burrell
    Participant

How do I get the license for Biomap to work. I am using Windows XP, have created the ‘licenserc.’ file and tried it in both the suggested directories( the one under documents and ettings root and the one under the prgramme files root), with and without the dot, with and without any extension. I have tried installing Biomap on two different computers running XP with different license files.

Markus Stoeckli

That looks odd. Let me try to narrow things down…

The license generator works with the [b]MAC address[/b] of the first network interface in your computer. We had problems before when users would enable/disable a WLAN interface and the software would get a different MAC address. To see your current number, type ‘ipconfig /all’ in a DOS window.

Make sure that your licenserc file does not have an [b]extension[/b]. In Windows, the extension ‘.txt’ may be hidden. To overcome this problem, select the menu ‘Tools – Folder Option’ in the file manager. Switch to the ‘View’ tab and in there disable the option ‘Hide extensions for know file types’.

The [b]location[/b] of the licenserc file is critical. Simply copy it into the ‘..\BioMap\settings’ folder and execute ‘Install settings.bat’ located in the BioMap folder.

Hope that help – if not, please let us know…

markus

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.