Front Page Forums Software AnalyzeThis! Crash related to CreateTarget

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Egoiz Astigarraga
    Participant

Hi there!

Just to advise: We´ve tried to install the CreateTarget software in the computer (Windows NT o.s.) of our Bruker Reflex IV and it crashed ("blue screen": Windows Logon Proccess failed).

Now we´re trying to recover the system (without formatting or reinstalling anything since all the methods -FlexMethods- and our data are in the hard drive).

Suggestions and help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Markus Stoeckli

OK, before I answer I just want to state that I was not involved in the development of this software 😉 … but as experienced programmer I might have a solution for you. In the file setup.lst of the distribution you can find a list of the files which were placed on the computer during the installation. I suspect that the file msvcrt.dll is causing the problem. Most likely, the software was built on a Windows XP with the version 7.0.2600.0 of the file not being backward compatible to Windows NT. What you need to do is to get the old version of msvcrt.dll back on your system. There are numerous solutions to that, I would mount the disk on another system and just replace the file from a similar NT system. Just ask a system administrator, he’ll know how to do that… and let us know if it worked for you…

Markus

sclerens
    Participant

I agree, it might be either that, or the VideoOCX control that is included (although that one [i]should[/i] be NT compatible).

Egoiz Astigarraga
    Participant

Thank you all,

Our "solution" was to mount the hard drive in another PC in order to recover the data and then restore the "factory image" of the hard drive. (We don´t use NT in any of our workstations).

I wonder if it would be possible to install CreateTarget and AnalyzeThis in our WinNT computer, risk free, of course.

Thank you very much again

Markus Stoeckli

Super, glad it worked…

Well, Stefan could build a new package… or you can do a manual installation which will be absolutely safe. Just open the cab file in the zip file and extract CreateTarget.exe and VideoOCX.ocx to a common directory. Try to run CreateTarget – chances are that you have the other dlls already on your system and it might work. If not, ask a local programmer and he will get you going within a couple of minutes… just don’t execute setup 😉

markus

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.