Front Page Forums BioMap Error producing Multi Images

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Hazel
    Participant

Hi – When I try to produce Multi Images using the Evolution function under the Display, multi image, evolution option, I come up with an error on some data files that reads “unable to allocate memory for backing store”…this only happens on some files – is this because they are too big or for some other reason?

*edit* It is an IDL specific error occuring, followed by a Biomap error which reads “Error in function biomap_event. widget_control:invalid widget identifier 1241.

Markus Stoeckli

Could you give us the size of the files which give you that error and the free memory of the computer? I’ll then pass this information on to our MRI guys to get their words of wisdom on this…

markus

Hazel
    Participant

Hi Markus,

The size of the file I am trying to open is 58MB, and the RAM of the computer is 1GB. (There is 77GB free on the hard drive). Hope this is the required information.

Hazel

wullemom
    Participant

The bacling store is the area to which the graphics will be pasted. I assume that Your dataset contains thousends of images. This will result in a huge canvas, which cannot be handled by IDl. If you are just interested in a few images you should extarct them before using Tools/Geometry/Extract volumes and then go back to the display function.

Hazel
    Participant

Thanks very much for your response, that solved the problem.

Hazel

Hazel
    Participant

I have another problem regarding the evolution of multi images…the images I produce are for every .2 mass units – 100.0, 100.2, 100.4 etc…is there any way of producing the 100.1, 100.3, 100.5 etc images?

Thanks,
    Hazel

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.