Front Page Forums BioMap Histogram function in BioMap

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Markus Stoeckli

Old versions of BioMap were limited to 16-bit signed values. The actual version supports multiple data types. Check [url=http://www.maldi-msi.org/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=53&func=view&catid=2&id=13#625]this post[/url] for more detail. Please pass this link on to Prosolia.

Ramin Vismeh
    Participant

All right Markus..
    Thanks. I will let you know my progress!

Dodge Baluya
    Participant

Hi Ramin,

I am guessing you use an extractor to convert the raw data into analyze format?
    Most likely it is a conversion issue, which is converting the type of data (int) but not the data itself? A common problem in programming (pointer issues) that still haunts me till this day…

Hope this helps,

Dodge

Ramin Vismeh
    Participant

I have to talk to people from Prosolia. But I remember I had this talk with them before and they think that this is the BioMap issue. This is part of the email I received from them:

” Unfortunately, the issue has to do with BioMAP. BioMAP has an intrinsic data limitation of 32,767 points in any dimension (i.e. intensity, x, y, m/z). What you need to do is limit the m/z domain to a smaller mass window around the ion of interest within firefly prior to conversion. Unfortunately, due to the same limitation the intensities will truncate at 32, 767. In a new release coming soon (FireFly 2.0) we remove the limitation to allow customers to import data into Matlab. ”

So, number of data points can be reduced but the intensity issue is still there. Thats what they think!

Ramin

Markus Stoeckli

[b]ramisir wrote:[/b]
    [quote]So, number of data points can be reduced but the intensity issue is still there. Thats what they think![/quote]

And they are wrong…:laugh:

Ramin Vismeh
    Participant

:laugh: will double check with them…

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.