Front Page Forums BioMap old school imaging – voyager STR

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    nevrnear
    Participant

I am currently using a Voyager STR for imaging, however I am not using MMSIT. I am running in automatic mode and use an .sp file to write the script to tell the micropositioners where to go, and save a spectrum at each "pixel". So, at the end of my run I obtain a .dat file that i can open in data explore, restore an ion chromatogram, extract the ion of interest and then run a macro on the data to get an image in excel.
    Is it possible to import this data into biomap to get an image, etc? I currently use a macro in excel to work up the data, however there is easy way to show an image of the data (without spending hours using corel or something of that nature) and then i don’t have the luxury of using intensity values. Any help would be appreciated. We recently upgraded the voyager STR computer and now i can install MMSIT on the system…however all the other data I have I do not have .img files for.
    Thanks,
    stace

Markus Stoeckli

Yes, it is fairly easy to get the data into the BioMap format. You could do this also in an Excel macro, a few lines of code should do. All the information you need for that is in this forum. I guess it will take about half a day to get that going. Just find someone with experience in Visual Basic…

markus

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.