Link: Open position
At Boehringer Ingelheim, we develop groundbreaking therapies and innovative health solutions in areas with unmet medical needs for people and animals. As a family company, we aim for long-term success. We are convinced that with talented and ambitious employees with a passion for innovation there are no limits to what we can achieve. We finally started with a workforce of just 28 people. Today we employ 50,000 people worldwide who live a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture.
maging mass spectrometry is an innovative method with which we can detect new active ingredients directly at their destination. Become part of a multidisciplinary team at our largest research location in Biberach and help with the application and further development of this technology.
Tasks and responsibilities
- To characterize new active ingredients in pharmaceutical development, plan mass spectrometry (MS) imaging examinations and carry them out independently.
- This includes tissue preservation, preparation of cryosections, sample preparation and MS data acquisition.
- One focus of her work is the inspection, evaluation and documentation of the measurement results.
- In addition, you support the methodological development of MS Imaging in cooperation with external and internal collaboration partners.
- Completed master’s degree in the field of life sciences, analytical chemistry or in comparable disciplines, alternatively a natural science education (chemical laboratory assistant, biology laboratory assistant) in connection with several years of professional experience in a job-relevant area
- Sound knowledge in the field of high-resolution mass spectrometry. Basic knowledge of pharmacokinetics and metabolism is an advantage
- Practical experience in evaluating large amounts of data using R, MATLAB or similar solutions
- Excellent communication skills as well as very good spoken and written German and English skills
- High self-motivation and solution-oriented thinking, ability to work in a team and enjoy working in a multidisciplinary environment
We continue to hire talent and look forward to your application. Due to COVID-19, we have introduced alternative work arrangements to ensure that our employees are doing well, because the health of our employees is important to us. Wherever possible, work is done remotely at all company locations. Alternatively, virtual video interviews take place for applicants. In personal discussions, we pay attention to distance and the hygiene rules recommended by the Robert Koch Institute. We will send the necessary IT equipment to new employees who do not start on-site in production or in the laboratories, our Welcome Days take place online and we plan to carry out their training virtually as far as possible.
WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?
This is where you can grow, collaborate, innovate and improve lives.
We offer challenging jobs in a respectful and collegial global work environment with a variety of innovative mindsets and methods. In addition, qualification and development are of central importance to us for all employees, because your growth is our growth. We also offer competitive remuneration, a generous vacation arrangement and many benefits in the areas of well-being, financial health and reconciliation of work and private life. In addition to many other benefits and bonuses, there is also an on-site fitness studio (Ingelheim), company doctors and first-class cafeterias and cafés. So you stay full of energy and healthy. In our career section you can find out more about the benefits you can expect.
Would you like more information? Visit https://www.boehringer-ingelheim.de/
Boehringer Ingelheim is a global employer committed to equal opportunities and proud of its diverse and inclusive culture. We welcome the variety of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment from which our employees, patients and communities benefit. We expressly welcome diversity regardless of gender, age, origin, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.
DO YOU WANT TO CONTACT US?
Please contact our recruiting EMEA team: Mr. Benjamin Witte, Tel .: +49 (7351) 54-176426.
Not exactly the job you’re looking for – but you know someone who would be perfect for it?
Use the button at the bottom of the page to share the job advertisement with friends or colleagues who may be interested.